Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Homemade Reese's Recipe

So I don't know about you, but there is just something about chocolate and peanut butter that makes my tummy do flips. I love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups but I always avoid buying them because I really don't need to be snacking on candy. A good friend of mine found a recipe on Pinterest to make her own Reese's and I was super excited to try them out. I first tried them this past Halloween and was hooked. Mr. Hunky couldn't get enough and has begged me to make them every since. Well, I finally was able to do just that and they were so easy to make!

The original recipe comes from My Baker Lady!

What You Need:

1 Cup (2 sticks) of Melted Butter
2 Cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs (I used my Baby Bullet to grind up graham crackers)
2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
1 Cup plus 4 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter (creamy)
1 1/2 Cups of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

What You Need To Do:

In a medium sized bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, melted butter, and the cup of peanut butter. Once that is mixed, pour into a 9X13 and use a butter knife to smooth it out.


 Melt your chocolate chips stove top or in the microwave (stop and stir it frequently!) until completely melted. Add the 4 tablespoons of peanut butter into the chocolate and mix until smooth. 


Pour the chocolate onto the top of your peanut butter mixture and let settle in the refrigerator for at least an hour before cutting. 


Once it's chilled for an hour then you're ready to enjoy! 





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!



No comments:

Post a Comment