Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

The After Thanksgiving Tasty Turkey Soup Recipe

Ahhhhh, the festivities are over and you can now relax! Take a deep breath, you've made it through the Thanksgiving holiday in one piece! Now, if you only knew what to do with that left over turkey, right? You can only eat so many turkey sandwiches before you start getting bored and they start tasting just a little bit dry! Why not make a scrumptious turkey soup with those left overs? Making turkey soup has always been on my list of things to do but until now I have never had the opportunity to do so because there either weren't enough left overs, or there were enough left overs and they got sent home with family members as they left the family gathering. The wannabe chef in me always let out a little sob when I received my "doggy bag" and saw that I had enough turkey for about two turkey sandwiches, never enough for soup. I have been looking forward to this year's Thanksgiving for months.This year was the first time that I would make the turkey, and since my guests were from out of town, I would get to keep all of the left overs! It would finally be time to make my turkey soup! So today after scouring the internet for about forty minutes, not finding a recipe that peaked my interest, I decided to experiment and make my own. Here's what I did...

What You Need:

Left Over Turkey!! You may use as much or as little as you want
3 Stalks of Celery
2 Large Handfuls of Baby Carrots
1/2 of a Small Red Onion
1 Can of Chicken Broth
1 Can of Evaporated Milk
8-9 Cups of Water
1 Box of Long Grain Wild Rice I used a Herb and Butter flavored one, yes I know, I cheated a bit!
1 Tablespoon of Salt plus more to taste
1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
Pepper to taste
Garlic to taste

The Ingredients

What You Need To Do:

Combine chicken broth and condensed milk in your crock pot. Chop up your carrots, celery, and onions and place them into the crock pot along with your box of long grain wild rice and it's seasoning (if you are cheating like I did!). Chop up your turkey into smaller pieces and place in the crock pot along with the salt, Italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic. Finally, add your 8-9 cups of water (this will depend on your crock pot size) and cook on HIGH for between 4-6 hours depending on when you would like your meal.

Everything in the Crock Pot ready to be cooked!


 Serve with french bread and enjoy!




I made this today and we just had it for dinner, it was amazing! Mr. Hunky added more pepper to it (he's a pepper addict) and I added more salt and a little more pepper because I like overly flavored soups! This is the absolute perfect way to get rid of that left over turkey and have a tasty dinner (and lunch the next day!), even Baby A loved it!

Happy Cooking! 


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!







No comments:

Post a Comment