Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Beyond the Fence Campaign: Mrs. Bow Jangles Adventure to the Farmers Market

Summer means a world of discovery for you and your canine best friend. Dog Fence DIY encourages exploration beyond the fence! Right now, Dog Fence DIY is spreading their "Beyond The Fence" campaign, encouraging dog owners to get their canine friends out on adventures! 

*I received compensation in the promotion of the Beyond the Fence Campaign, all thoughts and experiences are my own*

For Mr. Hunky and I, are two dogs are our children. We shamelessly baby our furry friends, we spoil them with tasty treats and quality dog food, we allow them to snuggle with us on our bed, we take them on adventures, and we always make sure that they're taken care of 100% no matter the circumstance. I adopted Rayne (aka Mrs. Bow Jangles), the tan and dark brown dog in the photo below, when she was about 2 months old from my local animal shelter. She has been been by my side since the day before I graduated high school and I have spoiled that little lady. Luna (aka Little L) joined our family last November and has been the baby of the family every since. In the photo below she was about 4 months old and now is about 10 months old now. She is the entertainment of the house since our 60 pound baby girl still chases her tail and is obsessed with shadows. Mr. Hunky and I call them our "dog-ters" (feel free to laugh at our dorky play on the word daughters). We love our dogs and do what we can to get them 'beyond the fence' as much as possible.

(Top: Mrs. Bow Jangles, Bottom: Little L)



(Little L)

(Mrs. Bow Jangles)

One morning I decided to give Mrs. Bow Jangles some special alone time without her crazy sister and take her along with me to the Farmers Market. Mr. Hunky was planning on heading out to the back yard to train Little L so I thought it would be the perfect time to head out with my big baby girl and Baby A. I loaded up the car and got everyone situated in their car seat (Baby A) and special seat belt harness (Mrs. Bow Jangles), and hit the open road. When we arrived at the Farmers Market I got Baby A out and situated in the Ergo Baby carrier on my front, and opened the door to unhook Mrs. Bow Jangles and get her situated as well. When Mrs. Bow Jangles was ready to go we began to walk the parking lot all was going well until Mrs. Bow Jangles decided to randomly stop. Yep, she flat out stopped, right in front of me. Having Baby A in the front carrier I of course didn't see that Mrs. Bow Jangles had decided to randomly stop walking and as you can imagine it took me by complete surprise. As you can see from the photos, Mrs. Bow Jangles is not a small dog by any means so needless to say, I tripped over her. And to clarify, when I say tripped, I mean almost flew over the top of her. Thankfully I was able to somehow do a crazy mommy magic dance move and catch myself from falling forward and stop myself from the ground. All that was going through my mind as I was falling forward for that slip second was "God Please don't let me squish Baby A". When I stabilized myself and catch my breath from the mini anxiety attack that I was having, I looked down at Mrs. Bow Jangles with a disapproving look on my face and she looked back up at me, ears back, with a look that said "ah shucks, sorry mom". After seeing the look on Mrs. Bow Jangles face I couldn't help but bust out laughing, shaking my head as I did. Moving along with our trip to the Farmers Market, the three of us walked up and down the aisles, browsing all of the handmade goods and fresh fruits, enjoying ourselves and enjoying that we were out of the house. When it was time to go home, Mrs. Bow Jangles sat in the backseat of my car, happy as a clam, panting a little as she looked out of the window. Our dogs love to get out of the house and yard and go on adventures with us and it makes us as doggy owners feel great that we can get them out of the house and beyond the fence!

(Mrs. Bow Jangles)

(Little L)

(Little L)

(Mrs. Bow Jangles)

*I received compensation in the promotion of the Beyond the Fence Campaign, all thoughts and experiences are my own*

What do you do to get your dogs out 'beyond the fence'? Do you take them on adventures? Regular walks? Trips to the Dog Park?
Leave us a comment and let us know what you do for your furry friends!









Love this blog? 
Vote for us daily so we can continue to bring you great giveaways!

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

1 comment: