Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Oreo Truffle Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes with a Oreo Buttercream Frosting. OH. MY. YUM

I've recently been bitten [again] by the Pinterest bug, finding all sorts of amazing recipes and adding them to my recipe folder on my ipad. I've been looking to find something yummy to make for Baby A's first birthday and I think I've found them! When I read the title of the cupcakes, my stomach did flip flops in excitement. When it came down to actually making the cupcakes, I was surprised at how easy this recipe really was!!! I give all of the credit to Love From The Oven, without finding this link on pinterest I wouldn't have made such delish cupcakes!!!

Feel free to click on the link to Love From The Oven to use the exact recipe, otherwise, below you will find the same recipe in my words.

What You Will Need:
Oreo Truffle

1 8OZ Package of Cream Cheese
1 Roll of Oreos (I bought the family sized box, it comes with 5 rolls, each roll has approx 8 cookies)

What You Will Need To Do:

Put the cookies in a large ziploc back and close it. Using a rolling pin (you could also use a food processor to make this a little faster, I used a rolling pin) smash the oreo's down so that they are crumbs. Pour the oreo crumbs over the cream cheese and mix it together. You will have to use your hands to get the job done correctly so make sure that you take off all jewelry and wash your hands! Once that is finished, freeze the truffles for at least 20 minutes.

What You Will Need:
Cupcakes

1 Box of Cupcake Mix (I used Vanilla, you can use whatever you think will be tasty, chocolate perhaps?). Next time I will be making my cupcake mix from scratch, although these cupcakes tasted amazing, I know that they will taste even better from scratch. But as a trial run, the store bought mix was the way to go. For the mix you will need water, vegetable oil, and eggs, so make sure to grab those if you don't already have them at home.


(left) Oreo Truffles (right) Truffles in cupcake holders and batter poured over the top


What You Will Need To Do:

Follow the directions on the box silly =]
Okay seriously though, follow the directions on the box, then put cupcake sleeves(?) (holders? what are they called?) in your cupcake/muffin pan. Take truffles out of the freezer and put one truffle in the center of the cupcake holder. Pour your cake mix over the top of the truffle so that it is about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for the recommended time at the recommened degree (for me it was 15-20 minutes at 350*)

What You Will Need:

Oreo Buttercream Frosting

1 Box of Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup of Milk
1 Stick of Unsalted Butter (softened)
A Spash of Vanilla Extract
1 Roll of Crushed Oreo's (follow the directions from the truffles on how to crush)

What You Need To Do:

Using your Kitchenaide or electric mixer, combine powdered sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla until creamy. Slowly add in the oreo crumbs.


(left) Buttercream (Right) Oreo Buttercream


FINALLY! Once the cupcakes are finished baking, let them cool (I speed up the process by putting them in the refridgerator). Once they are cool, frost them with your amazing buttercream! These would be great to serve at a party without telling the guests what they are- when they bite into them they'll get a tasty surprise!!




I hope you enjoyed the recipe as much as I did! Thank you again Love From The Oven for introducing me to such a yummy treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment